Geocodio is used by academics and students at thousands of schools and universities to easily work with address data and append additional information.
Geocodio gives every user 2,500 free lookups per day, making it an easy tool for professors and teachers to use to teach their students GIS and location data analysis. No credit card or special arrangement is required — you can simply have your students sign up on our website.
Geocodio can support high volumes of requests. You can upload spreadsheets up to 1 GB, with no daily processing limit. With our API, you can run multiple batches of 10,000 lookups in parallel. Our Geocodio Unlimited plan can handle up to 4.8M lookups per day for a flat, no-commitment monthly rate.
Academics and students are eligible for an additional 5% discount on all plans. Just mention to us that you're an academia and provide your official email address and we'll add it to your account. We simply ask that you mention Geocodio in any work you create using the service.
I prefer the Geocodio service over others because of its intuitive interface, clear instructions/documentation, accuracy, and price. This is a tool that anyone can use, not just data scientists or GIS experts. Geocodio is my go-to resource for geocoding small or large amounts of data.— Neville K. Vakharia, Assistant Professor and Research Director, Drexel University
- Geocoode US and Canadian addresses (convert address to latitude/longitude)
- Reverse geocoode US and Canadian points (convert address to latitude/longitude)
- Create shareable maps with address data
- Parse and standardize addresses
- Address completion
- Append Congressional districts and legislator contact information
- Append State legislative districts
- Append Timezones
- Append Census data
An easy-to-use system
- Web-based with no software downloads required. Works on all operating systems.
- Upload Excel, CSV, or TSV spreadsheets
- API with libraries for popular programming languages including Python, R, and more
- Responsive, real-human support if you or your students ever need help
- No rate limiting or throttling
- Store, cache and transform geocodes and normalized addresses without any usage restrictions
Academics and students are eligible for an additional 5% discount on all plans. Simply mention to us that you're an academia and provide your official email address and we'll add it to your account.
- First 2,500 lookups free per day, no credit card required
- Transparent, no-commitment pay-as-you-go pricing (see pricing calculator to estimate your costs — does not include academic discount)
- Unlimited lookups for a flat, no-commitment monthly rate