Geocodio can now add Ridings (Canadian Legislative Districts) to addresses or coordinates.
Your spreadsheet needs to have one of the following address/coordinate heading formats in order to add ridings:
Complete address (in one column or separate columns, as long as it's consistent for the entire spreadsheet):
- Street address + city + province + postal code + Country (with "Canada" included exactly and not abbreviated)
We can also add ridings for incomplete addresses, such as:
- Street address + city + province + Country (with "Canada" included exactly and not abbreviated)
- Street address + postal code + Country (with "Canada" included exactly and not abbreviated)
Combinations of the above will work (i.e., some addresses can be missing one of the pieces) and the ridings will still be added, as long as the heading format is consistent.
- Latitude/longitude in one column
- Latitude/longitude in separate columns (with headers)
For more, please see our step-by-step guide to adding ridings to a spreadsheet.
Data returned for ridings
- Riding code (such as 24068)
- English riding name
- French riding name
Add ridings to addresses or coordinates via API
If you'd prefer to use an API instead, see our technical documentation here.