When you upload a spreadsheet for geocoding, we'll leave your columns in place and append additional columns to the existing spreadsheet.
We'll leave the rest of your columns untouched. If you have information that's important to you in the spreadsheet, like a user ID number, you can leave that in there and it'll still be there when you download the completed file.
In addition to the latitude & longitude, we also append a few helpful pieces of data, like accuracy score, accuracy type, and the parsed addresses.
The columns we'll add will be:
- Latitude/longitude coordinates, or approximate addresses if you're reverse geocoding
- Parsed and standardized addresses: We'll return the parsed address data as individual, standardized values. You'll find that street suffixes and directions are always abbreviated, and the capitalization of words are also standardized.
- Completed address: Street, City, State, Zip, County
- Accuracy scores and types for each result: Accuracy types are the type of result (such as rooftop) and accuracy scores are a function of differences between input and output. See more about what this means here.
- Any additional data you've requested
2. A preview map of the results